Please note that now that the new web site has launched, the APLA Bulletin : January 2012 issue is now available for reading.
Alexandra Brooks Robinson & Nicole Dixon
Co-Editors, APLA Bulletin
From: APLA-List List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pamela Maher
Sent: February 10, 2012 2:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [APLA] APLA Launches Our New Website!
APLA Launches Our New Website!
Today, we officially launch APLA's new website. On the new site, you will see plenty of your favourites up front and accessible on the home page, as well as a few new features that we hope you will find useful.
A few key features are:
- Quick and easy access to the APLA Bulletin and a link to the 2012 Conference site.
- A NEW spotlight section highlighting libraries in our region. Want to add yours? Contact me ([log in to unmask]).
- A News and Events blog. You can submit your own news and events stories by clicking on the Submit a story link on the home page.
- A NEW Advocacy section, outlining what APLA is involved in on behalf of its members.
- A NEW Get Involved page (under Membership) so that you can see what APLA positions are currently open.
- And quick links to our Facebook and Twitter sites and easy access to other ways you can get connected and stay connected to APLA.
You'll also notice, we hope, a brand new look and feel to our site. We hope it reflects our professionalism, our sense of purpose, and our love of all things library.
Many thanks to the APLA Computers and Connectivity Committee and the Public Relations and Communications Committee for their excellent work, and to the APLA Executive for their support during the development of this website.
Special thanks to Sam Cheng, Lou Duggan, David Ross, and Nicole Dixon for their tireless efforts!
Public Relations and Communications Committee Convener