RESOURCE SERVICES SUMMER STAFF
REQUIRED BY: Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
LOCATION: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Resource Services Summer Staff is responsible for covering duties
in the areas of the library, braille department and technology as the
need arises. The position will interest an individual who is
self-motivated, works independently, has excellent organizational skills
and exercises a high degree of diplomacy.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail including
- Check-in and check-out library materials
- Retrieve and shelve library materials
- Respond to in-person, telephone, and E-mail inquiries at the
- Assist library users with the library database
- Bind large print materials
- Process and ship ILL materials
- Sort and process library returns
- Ship student materials
- Grade XII
- Demonstrated ability to follow multi-step directions
- Excellent oral communication.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy materials.
- Previous library experience beneficial.
- Previous experience in customer service or equivalent is an
TERM: Summer Term Position from June 22, 2009 to August 21,
SALARY: $12.00 per hour.
Please quote Competition Number 2009-34 and submit letter of
application, current curriculum vitae and names of three current
references to be received by noon on Friday, June 5, 2009 to:
Bertram R. Tulk, EdD
5940 South Street
Halifax, NS B3H 1S6
e-mail: [log in to unmask]