Many thanks to Jane for putting this together. This is a very important
issue and one the membership feels strongly about. I encourage you all
to take the time to send letters.
One will be going out from association by the end of the week.
Many thanks, Su
From: APLA-List List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Jane Duffy
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [APLA] copyright MP letter template - path to download
Dear APLA members,
I have heard from some of you that you were unable to use the link to
copyright letter to your MP template included in the message I posted
yesterday. So, here's the path to access the template for a letter to
1) go to the CLA home page, which is http://www.cla.ca
2) go to the menu running directly under the CLA logo; the second
the left is "Resources"
3) click on "Resources" and a drop down menu appears, of which one
4) click on "Copyright Information"
5) a text box adjacent to the first paragraph of this page contains a
link to a
"Grassroots Advocacy Kit"
6) Click on "View the Advocacy Kit"
7) a text box adjacent to the first paragraph of this page contains a
8) Click on "Sample Letter"
9) Customize and send
Again, it takes only 10 minutes to customize the letter!
Thanks for your help advocating a key Atlantic Canadian Library
Jane Duffy, APLA Copyright Representative
Jane C. Duffy, M.A., M.L.S.
Associate University Librarian
6225 University Ave.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ph: (902) 494-6005
Fax: (902) 494-2062
[log in to unmask]