CALL FOR PROPOSALS – 2008 NSLA/LBANS CONFERENCE
The 2008 NSLA/LBANS Conference will be held October 3-5, 2008 at the Old Orchard
Inn in Wolfville.
The conference planning committee is currently accepting proposals for workshop
sessions. The theme for this year’s conference is “Sharing Resources, Building
Communities”, emphasizing relationships among different types of libraries,
boards, and community organizations.
Suggested workshop topics have included:
- partnerships between different types of libraries (academic, public, school,
- serving culturally diverse communities
- panel session: what different types of libraries have to offer
- readers advisory services
- Friends success stories
- risk management
- working with endowment funds
- Friends/Boards/Councils: roles and relationships
- building supporters: databases, advocacy
- services to seniors
Proposals need not be limited to the suggested topics listed above, but should
relate to the conference theme in some way.
Please direct your proposals or questions to Louise Gillis or Katharine
McCoubrey, conference co-convenors.
Proposals are due no later than Monday, February 25th. They should include a
description of the proposed session, information about the presenter(s), and
Louise Gillis Katharine McCoubrey
[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]