Please excuse if this is a duplicate posting.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:39:58 -0400
From: Ilga Leja <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Research Officer Position at NSCAD University
Reporting to Director of Donor Relations, the Research Officer will
support the university's development activities by providing and
managing information on prospective donors and sponsors.
* Research and prepare briefings on potential donors and sponsors.
* Manage donor profile information and donor database (Raiser's
* Prepare customized proposals based on the NSCAD University's
case for support.
* Collate feedback from staff and volunteers.
* Assist in implementation of gift processing, donor stewardship
* Keep abreast of recent trends in fundraising and prospect
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with NSCAD University
* Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Information Studies,
Library Science or equivalent.
* Experience in prospect research preferred, ideally in higher
* Clear understanding of the role of prospect research.
* Demonstrated ability to conduct research in a variety of
* Demonstrated ability to prepare concise briefings from complex
* Knowledge of standard information sources and library research
* Ability to interpret financial information, technical documents,
journals, annual reports, real property files, and legal documents.
* Strong computer skills including: web based researching,
information management applications, MS Office, Raiser's Edge, and
* Demonstrated ability in handling information with a high degree
of integrity and discretion
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in high
* Highly developed creative, analytical and interpersonal skills.
* Superior written and verbal communication skills.
* Advanced project management and organizational skills.
Applications may be submitted to:
Director of Human Resources
5163 Duke Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3J6
[log in to unmask]
Deadline for Applications: January 11, 2006
Director of Library Services
5163 Duke Street
Canada B3J 3J6
Tel. (902) 494-8181
Fax (902) 425-1978
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]