]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

APLA-LIST Home

APLA-LIST  December 2004

APLA-LIST December 2004

FW: [NMRTWRITER:506] RE: Writing for Librarians

"Leo J. Deveau" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:25:40 -0400

text/plain

Hi everyone,

I trust this holiday time is a pleasant one. It is hard though to be sitting
in such comfort here in Canada, when the news on the other side of the world
has been so bleak. If you haven't already, please consider a contribution to
a relief agency of your choice to assist in the clean-up and other supports.
I haven't heard yet of the impacts on libraries in the areas most
devastated, but no doubt it is great.

On another note, there has been an interesting 'conversation' going on at
the New Writers List (for librarians). There was a recent note, re. below,
that I thought might be of interest to some who want to pursue more writing
(perhaps as a New Year's resolution:). There are some useful tips here.

It is my hope for 2005 that more librarians in the Atlantic region become
more visible in their writing, whether it is sharing information and
perspectives with one's peers, or with the general public. 2005 will require
informed debate on many fronts:)

All the best for 2005,
Leo