There is an information analyst term position available at Halifax Regional Municipality.
The job description has been placed on the website.
I have included it below in case you cannot access the website.
November 3, 2004
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST EOI: # 04-074U
INFORMATION ANALYST (Temporary for up to 18 months)
Information Resource Management
Halifax Regional Municipality is inviting applications for the temporary position of Information Analyst. Under the direction of the Manager, Information Resource Management, the incumbent will be responsible for providing information resource management (IRM) support to HRM staff and elected officials. The Information Analyst assists in developing HRM's Corporate Library and Records Management programs, including creation and maintenance of centralized databases for all HRM publications, records, indexes, and other data. This includes standardizing and providing advisory services to decentralized unique library collections developed by individual HRM departments. The location for this position is 81 Ilsley Avenue in Business Business Park.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists with the administration of the Information Resource Management program by making recommendations and putting into action acquisition control, budget allocations, services provided by the library and records management programs, and publications for various HRM websites;
* Supports the development of the IRM programs by assessing user needs/requirements, developing database or other applications, and maintains awareness of HRM departmental mandates and liases with HRM records staff and other library and records management professionals;
* Develops the Corporate Library collection by monitoring, maintaining, weeding and purchasing items for the Library in order to develop a collection which is suited to HRM staff requirements and needs;
* Provides instruction and training to HRM staff about the Corporate Library system and its use;
* Improves internal communication through delivery and maintenance of HRM's Information Resource Management Intranet services that provide access to indexes to HRM minutes and other information;
* Research, reference, circulation services: Assists internal and external users with their research and reference requests and produces reports for staff, as required, makes recommendations for and develops the circulation system for Information Resource Management (e.g. inter-library loans, check-out, and return procedures), and provides indexing services for staff;
* Cataloguing: Organizes uncatalogued collections and converts existing collections to the Dewey Decimal Classification System according to the Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules (AACR2) and maintains and updates the Corporate Library database on DBTextWorks in order to provide an automated catalogue with Intranet delivery of HRM library holdings;
* Organization: Conducts shelving and administrative filing, maintains vertical file collections, takes part in records moves and re-boxing operations, and develops and maintains in-house location guides, finding aids and indexes;
* Other related duties as requried (includes handles confidential/ sensitive information - must take an oath of secrecy).
Education and Experience
* Library Technician's diploma plus four years relevant library experience; or a Bachelor's degree in Information Management plus three year's relevant technical experience, or a Masters of Library Science with an emphasis on technology;
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the requirements of a corporate library (as opposed to a public library network), and records management systems;
* Knowledge of library, archival and records management methodologies and practices;
* Demonstrated ability to apply information technology and systems in the library and records environment - including automated circulation systems, and database development;
* Demonstrated ability to interpret library and records policies to a wide range of individuals and groups;
* Strong computer skills with a demonstrated familiarity with WordPerfect, Lotus, GroupWise, DBTextWorks, HTML, Internet and other external online search services, Novanet and other provincial library systems, Dynix, GILS, GIFT, and MARC format, Strong cataloguing, classifying and indexing skills.
Concern for Order and Quality
Complete job description
SALARY: $18.63 per hour as per the NSUPE Collective Agreement. Temporary employees may be compensated 90% of this rate.
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am to 4:30pm between Monday and Friday.
Qualified and interested candidates are asked to submit a résumé, quoting the competition and employee number (NSUPE members with temporary seniority should self-identify) by 4:30pm on November 10, 2004. Drop off application to: Nancy Dempsey, Manager, IRM , 81 Ilsley Ave. Unit #9, Dartmouth, or FAX to: 490-6299.
While we thank you for your interest in this competition, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Halifax Regional Municipality is an Employment Equity Employer
24-Hour Access: Job Information Line -Internal - 490-4310; External - 490-4300