POSITION: Temporary Library Technician, Non-Print
Beginning and End Dates: May 6, 2002 to April 30, 2003
SALARY: RANK 0 ($14.22 per hour minimum rate)
UNION: FUNSCAD Unit II
DEPARTMENT: Library - Non-Print Collection
HOURS OF WORK: Regular Full-Time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday,
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Library Technician, Non-Print Collection assists in overseeing the use
of the Non-Print Collection by performing duties related to circulation,
cataloguing and processing slides and tapes.
Duties appropriate to this position include:
- maintenance and ongoing development of the cataloguing databases
- Cataloguing and processing videos and slides
- Calculating circulation and cataloguing statistics on a monthly basis
- Photographing material
- Awareness of new technologies relevant to the needs of the Collection
- Responsibility for the Non-Print Collection in the Director's absence
- Assisting in the training and supervision of student assistants
- Assisting faculty, students and outside borrowers in the use of the
- Ensuring the implementation and application of adequate health and
safety policies and practices.
A Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or Art History combined with library
experience or equivalent education and experience is required. Experience
in a post secondary educational environment or experience dealing with the
public in an informational capacity would be beneficial as would experience
in a particular art history, craft or studio area.
Computer skills, including basic database management using File Maker Pro
or similar software are necessary. Very good interpersonal skills and an
ability to communicate effectively are essential. Well-developed
organizational and time management skills are required. The work requires
constant attention to detail and accuracy. The incumbent must be capable
of maintaining these standards within an environment of frequent
MEMBERS OF FUNSCAD UNIT II OR OTHERS ARE INVITED TO APPLY. PREFERENCE WILL
BE GIVEN TO UNIT II APPLICATIONS. DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 1, 2002 at
APPLY TO: Director of Human Resources
Nova Scotia College of Art & Design
5163 Duke St.
Halifax, NS B3J 3J6
Email: [log in to unmask]